Will My Insurance Company Pay For Aftermarket Parts?
Why Mixing Tires Is A Bad Idea
Not all drivers know how their car works. It’s to be expected, since cars are complex machines that have a lot of sub-assemblies that work together to make it move.
Because of a car’s complexities, many drivers tend to get intimidated with auto repair and avoid talking with the auto technician when they bring their car in. This is a huge mistake. Don’t hesitate to ask the technician working on your car about the services your car needs. We have listed the questions you should ask before you have any auto repair work done:
- Does your auto repair shop work with your vehicle type? Most shops service all leading car makes, but there are some that have to acquire training or even factory certifications to be able to work with certain cares. Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, BMW, and other high-end brands often require specialized tools and training. This is the reason why there are shops that exist specially for these cars.
- What types of equipment do they have? There are vehicles that need more sophisticated, specialized, and up-to-date equipment to be diagnosed and repaired. There are also equipment types that are specially designed for specific vehicle makes and models. Make sure to ask your auto repair shop if they are up to date with your car’s recent technology.
- What kind of replacement parts will they use? Did you know that not all replacement part are the same? Unfortunately, there are a lot of inferior aftermarket parts that exist out there. Make sure your auto repair shop is using factory or factory-quality parts to repair your vehicle. Any good shop will let you know if they have to replace your car’s malfunctioning parts.
Here are other questions that are good to ask while at a repair shop:
- Do they have any warranty policies?
- What would the auto technician do if it was his vehicle?
- Do you have free estimates?
You can make auto repairs less overwhelming just by asking the right questions. If you have auto repair needs, don’ t hesitate to contact Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio. We’ll be more than happy to answer any repair questions that might be bothering you.