Questions You Should Ask Your Auto Repair Technician
Excellent Auto Repair Service At Miracle Body and Paint
Unfortunately, auto accidents can happen during any season. If you are involved in a auto accident, here are some suggestions on what to do:
What to do before an Accident
- Always make sure you have your driver’s license, current proof of insurance, pen, paper, and a mobile phone with a camera. Having these items will help make the post-accident process much easier on you.
- It will be a good idea if you always carry a set of cones, warning triangles, or emergency flares in your trunk. This is to help alert others on the road that there has been an accident.
What to do immediately after an Accident
- Keep your calm. Taking a deep breath will help clear your mind. Make sure to check your safety and the safety of those around you before anything else.
- If someone is injured, contact 911 immediately. If there has been damage to you vehicle, you can also contact the police.
- If no one is injured, get your car off the road as quickly as possible. You don’t have to leave the cars where they are if you just endured a minor fender bender. Make sure to alert approaching drivers that you cannot move your vehicle through hazard lights. It will be better if you ignite safety flares or set out reflective traffic cones. Doing so will help other drivers avoid crashing into you, your car, your passengers, et al.
- Always watch your language and avoid phrases like, “It was my fault.”as it could be used against you in future proceedings.
- Gather relevant insurance information from the other driver(s) involved in the accident: name, address, phone number, email address, make, model and year of the car, license plate number, insurance carrier, and insurance policy number.
- Taking photos of the damage to your vehicle, damage to other vehicles, accident location, and all people involved in the accident with your smartphone or other mobile device is a smart move.
- Make sure to get important information from the police such as name, badge number, phone number, police report number, and a copy of the report.
What to do soon after the Accident
- Call your insurance provider right way to file your claim. Remember that Miracle Body and Paint can work with numerous insurance companies and can assist you with your insurance claims.
- Come to Miracle Body and Paint, San Antonio, TX to get a repair estimate and begin repairs.
Our wish for you is that you never get into any type of car accident. However, if you do, we will do our best to repair your vehicle and get you back out on the road as quickly as possible. For high-quality auto body repair and other services, come visit us at San Antonio, Texas.