Can Your Car Handle Extreme Road Conditions?
Does Your Car Need an Auto Tune Up?
Road emergencies may still happen even if you’re a careful driver. Flat tire, auto accident or unpredictable weather are just some of the things that you can encounter. The last thing you want to happen during these instances is to be stranded and be left unprepared at the side of the road. While emergencies are unavoidable, what you can do is to be ready in case it happens to you.
Having an auto emergency kit is a good defense. Kits can be purchased in many auto stores, but you can also create your own. Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio lists down items you should include in your emergency kit:
- Cell phone charger – Everyone of us always have our mobile phones with us. Using mobile while driving is not a good idea, but it is a useful tool when you find yourself in an emergency. Always make it a point to have your phone fully charged before going out. For added surety, bring a charger or other power source to your kit.
- Reflective hazard triangles – you can find most this in many auto supply stores. Place these hazard triangles in the road to warn other cars. You can also get battery operated lights or flares.
- Jack and lug wrench –Many car types come equipped with these flat tire changing tools, but not all of us are knowledgeable on how to use them. Take the time to learn this essential life skill. Make sure to periodically check your spare tire as well.
- First-aid kit – Make sure you have a stock of bandages, antibiotic ointment, and pain reliever in your car.
- Jumper cables -Don’t always rely on a good samaritan to help you out. The last thing you want to happen is to get stuck inside your car in a cold, wet night.
- Water and non – perishable food – Being stuck on the side of the road is bad enough, you don’t want to add hunger and thirst to the mix. Having a supply of snacks and water will keep you hydrated and satisfied until help arrives.
- Flashlight – flashlights are a necessity especially during night emergencies. Make sure to keep extra batteries too.