Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio Texas will always be ready to serve you after an auto accident. At Miracle can help your car through an auto collision, but we also want to help you deal with the accident physically. Here’s what you can do in case you find yourself suffering from auto accident-related symptoms.
It is best to always seek medical attention after being in an auto accident, whether small or big. Immediately contact your medical provider if you feel any an extreme headache or drowsiness, weakness in the extremities, have any nose or ear bleeding, inability to control bowel and bladder functions, bruising in the ear area, vision or swallowing problems, any kind of abdominal or chest pain or any pain especially in the neck area.
If you are sure that you are not suffering from any serious injuries, here are a few basic guideline on how you should take care of yourself after an auto accident.
- Make sure to go home and rest right after. Auto accidents can be traumatic, so take time to relax and put your mind and body at rest.
- If you have any inflammation, you can apply ice, especially within the first 72 hours.
- Drink extra water to help reduce any inflammation. Water carries away the waste products caused by any injuries.
- Try to sing. It may sound ridiculous, but it can help tremendously with the shock. The sudden shock brought to the driver or passenger during a car accident can make them gasp and tighten the diaphragm, leading to oxygen deprivation. The sudden snap of the shoulder harness can also jam the rib heads into the spine area, acting as a vise around the lungs. Singing a tune is one of the best ways to relax the diaphragm and move any compressed ribs.
- Avoid exercising right after an accident. Wait a week or so to help your brain relax. Even if you feel good, it is still better to wait a while. The adrenaline that rushes into your system after the auto accident can dull your pain receptors and increases sugar into your bloodstream, therefore slowing the blood to flow to your muscles and brain.
If you’ve recently been in an auto accident, call our office today and let us care for you like family. Our team gets to work immediately in evaluating the damage working with your insurance provider.