What You Should Do After an Auto Collision
Miracle Answers Your Auto Body Repair Questions
Have you recently gotten into an auto collision? If you live in Texas, the law reserves you the power to choose where you want your car to be repaired. Remember that your insurance company can’t force you to go to a specific auto repair shop or prohibit you from choosing your own repair center. You are allowed to go to your own repair shop. You’ll lessen your stress if you choose an auto repair shop that has experience working with insurance claims like Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio.
We want you to know the rights and choices you are entitled to:
- The auto repair shop should provide you a written estimate before doing any repair. Make sure to ask if they charge for the estimate. You could save more and get a free estimate by choosing Miracle Body and Repair.
- Your written estimate should include the total estimates parts price, as well as labor for a specified service or repair. Make sure your estimate lists the parts and repair method that will be used.
- You don’t have to go with your first choice. You are free to go to another repair collision center for a second opinion.
- The repair shop should always stick to the repair method and listed parts on the estimate. They are not allowed to substitute any part or change any part of the repair method without your consent.
- The auto collision center will ask you to sign the estimate or work order that signals you are giving them permission to do the work. Take the time to understand the repair method before you sign.
- Avoid signing a blank work order. Having your signature means you agree to pay the amount states on your estimate and work order.
If you have more questions or are in need of auto body repair, contact Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio, Texas.