Auto Maintenance Musts
Miracle Body & Paint Tips: How to Conserve Fuel and Save Money
Just how can regular auto maintenance save you money? Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio Texas answers this question in today’s blog post. You can use this guide to check if you’re properly performing check up on your car:
- Properly inflated tires means lower gas intake – just by making sure your tires are properly inflated can improve your gas mileage by 4%!
- Clean air filters means lower gas intake- if your air filters are already dirty and clogged, replacing it can improve your gas mileage by as much as 14%.
- Well-oiled engine improves gas mileage – you can actually gain another mile per gallon if you regularly change your car’s oil and keep it properly lubricated.
- Clean spark plugs saves fuel – If you want to save on fuel, check your spark plugs. Replacing dirty spark plugs can increase your gas mileage to 2 miles per gallon.
- Tightened gas cap prevents gas evaporation – Always make sure the gas cap is on tightly your gas because having it loose can make the gas vaporize faster. Double check if your gas cap is tight next time you’re at the pump.
- Lighter carload improves gas mileage – Always de-clutter your trunk and avoid putting too much stuff in there. Having a lighter car can increase your gas mileage by 2%.
- Driving slow equals more savings – when you go over 60 mph, your car’s fuel economy takes a hit. To save gas, make sure to always to take it slow and observe the speed limit.
- Avoid aggressive driving to increase gas mileage – you lower your gas mileage by 33% if you are aggressive when driving and do quick starts.
- Trip planning can save you gas – To save on gas, try to cut your trip by consolidating and planning ahead. This will not only save you gas but it can save you on precious time as well.
- Avoid idling to save money – cars on idle uses up gas without the miles. If you’ll be stopping for more than a minute, opt to turn off your engine instead.
Following these simple tips from Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio Texas can save you money in the long run. Contact us if you require auto repair or paint services.