What You Need to Know About Auto Paint and Matching
Important Questions to Ask Your Auto Body Repair Shop
There are several ways on how you can improve your car’s gas mileage. Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio Texas lists down some of the most effective ways to ensure it.
- Plan your errands and trips. Not only will limit the need to restart your engine often, you can also save a lot of gas in the process.
- If possible, limit the use of air conditioning. When going at higher speeds however, leaving the windows open may also cause dragging.
- Avoid throttling the gas or brake pedal. This is because making sudden starts or stops use a lot more gas compared to gradually changing the speed.
- Avoid leaving your car idle for too long. If you need to wait a long time, it is better to turn off your engine.
- During winter season, try limiting car warm-ups.
- Make sure to clear out your trunk regularly. Having too much stuff can add to the drag that eats up gas.
- Limit driving at high speeds. This may be difficult to follow but did you know that gas mileage is improved by up to 15% when driving at 55 mph as compared to 65 mph.
- If your car has overdrive, use it as soon as you reach your ideal speed.
- Try using cruise control. Driving at a constant speed can significantly improve a car’s gas mileage.
- Make sure to replace your engine’s spark plug regularly. By doing so, the air and fuel mixture will be able to burn more efficiently.
- Make sure to take necessary steps to improve your car’s intake/output system. You can improve your car’s overall performance and gas mileage if you allow gas to efficiently get in and get out of your vehicle. Ask one of our experienced technicians at Miracle Body and Paint for practical steps you can take.
- Use only high quality motor oil in order to reduce friction.
- Regularly check the levels of your oil. Your engine works harder when there is little oil left.
- Regularly check your filters and tires. A dirty filter, deflated or misaligned tires have been proven to increase fuel consumption.