Tips for Buying Replacement Tires
All About Windshield Wipers
If you are an experienced car owner, you may be familiar with the trouble signs that tires give out before they blowout or get flat. If not, don’t despair! Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio Texas is here to list down the things to look out for. Auto accidents or auto collisions can happen to faulty tires, so don’t let these warning signs catch you off guard.
- Low pressure tires – Tires that are not properly inflated results to car stress, and neglecting this can lead to tire failure. Regularly check the tire pressure of your car and make sure to follow the manufacturer-recommended pressure.
- Tires with sidewall bulges or cuts – Having a bulge in your tire means that the inner liner has been damaged to the point that it’s letting air to escape. The most common culprits for this problem are impacts with curbs, potholes, railroad crossings or debris in the road. A bubble in the tire sidewall is a major safety concern that needs to be addressed immediately. This type of damage can no longer be repaired, make sure to replace the tire once you see a bulge.
- Uneven tire wear – Uneven tire wear can happen due to air pressure problems, improper balance, wheel misalignment or bent wheels. Always make sure to keep an eye out for tread that’s worn more on one side than the other.
- Excessively vibrating tires – If you notice that your car is excessively vibrating, this may mean that there is damage on the suspension, wheel or tire. Make sure to have your vehicle checked and serviced by a reputable auto body repair shop like Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio Texas if this happens.
- Worn out tire tread– Tire tread gradually becomes shallower over time. When this happens, the overall tire performance is affected. Too little tire tread is very dangerous since it will have a harder time to grip the road. If this happens, you may lose control of his or her vehicle. When the tread reaches one-eighth of an inch, its time to change your tires.