San Antonio’s Top Auto Body Repair Shop
Preparing for an Unexpected Auto Accident or Collision
In case of an auto accident or auto collision, Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio Texas is always ready to lend a hand. We at Miracle can help repair car after that stressful auto collision, but we also know that you need to heal any physical or emotional injuries you acquired during the accident . Here’s what you can do in case you find yourself suffering from auto accident-related symptoms.
Regardless if its a small or big accident, always make sure to get medical attention after being in an auto accident. Immediately contact your medical provider if you feel any extreme headache or drowsiness, weakness in the extremities, have any nose or ear bleeding, inability to control bowel and bladder functions, bruising in the ear area, vision or swallowing problems, any kind of abdominal or chest pain or any pain especially in the neck area.
If you are sure that you are not suffering from any serious injuries, here’s a basic guideline on how you should take care of yourself after an auto accident, listed by Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio Texas.
- It will be better if you go home and rest right after. Take time to relax and put your mind and body at rest because any type of car accidents can be traumatic.
- If you have any signes of inflammation, try applying ice especially within the first 72 hours.
- Water carries away the waste products caused by any injuries so drink extra water to help reduce any inflammation.
- It may sound ridiculous, but try singing to help ease the shock. The sudden shock brought to the driver or passenger during a car accident can make them gasp and tighten the diaphragm, leading to oxygen deprivation. The sudden snap of the shoulder harness can also jam the rib heads into the spine area, acting as a vise around the lungs. Singing a tune is one of the best ways to relax the diaphragm and move any compressed ribs.
- Delay exercising right after an auto accident. It will be better if you wait a week or so to help your brain relax. Even if you feel good, it is still better to wait a while. The adrenaline that rushes into your system after the auto accident can dull your pain receptors and increases sugar into your bloodstream, therefore slowing the blood to flow to your muscles and brain.