Why You Need Your Bumper Fixed Immediately
Easy Ways to Keep Your Car Clean
Auto collisions are always a scary experience, more so if you find yourself unprepared. Miracle Body and Paint in San Antonio, TX has listed down simple and practical measures that you can follow when you find yourself in this situation:
- Remain calm. It’s understandable that the accident will cause you immediate stress and heightened adrenaline, but you need to keep a clear head in order to make clear assessments.
- Call 911 immediately if someone’s been injured. Avoid moving the injured by yourself or leaving the scene.
- If there’s no injury, contact the police for a formal report. If you think its safe to do, move your vehicle to the shoulder or out of traffic.
- Always have your hazard lights on, regardless if you are able to move your car or not.
- Record any important details, such as the date and time, as well as the vehicle and insurance information of everyone involved. You can use this to remove any property damage or injury related issues. If you can, take pictures of any damage to help you with any discrepancies between descriptions.
- Inform your insurance company of the accident. They can provide you with further instructions on what to do to file a claim.
- Avoid accepting any cash settlement or signing any document that is not provided by the police. It is always best to have the damage formally assessed by the insurance company.
- If you need to appear in court, it will be beneficial to have a prepared statement.